Various pile top boundary conditions are available in PileLAT and the users can access those options from the dialog at the left side of the main program interface as shown in the figure below.
The following five different options can be adopted by the user for the pile top boundary condition as shown in the figure above:
· Option 1: Free Pile Head. Pile head is free to move laterally and rotate. Usually, pin or hinge connections are assumed between pile cap and piles;
· Option 2: Rigid Pile Head. Pile head can move laterally but cannot rotate. Moment will be generated at the pile head;
· Option 3: Partially Restrained Pile Head. Rotational spring value needs to be provided in the unit of moment per unit slope;
· Option 4: Specified Deflection and Applied Bending Moment; and
· Option 5: Specified Deflection and Specified Rotation.